We aim to let properties as quickly and efficiently as possible, making sure that they are in good condition, clean and maintained to a high standard. We’ll also do everything we can to make your move a smooth one.
Before you move in, we will have carried out the work needed to get the property ready. We will have:
- Carried out electrical and gas safety checks
- Made the necessary repairs
- Removed non-standard electrical fittings and appliances
- Changed the locks to front and rear doors
- Removed all rubbish from inside and outside your home
- Made sure the property meets our standards
The knowledge and tips on this page will help make your move easy.
When you move in
We want you to be able to move into your new home as soon as possible, so we will carry out some non-essential repairs after you have moved in. You will be given a list of these repairs when you sign the tenancy agreement. We’ll also discuss with you how long it will take for the repairs to be carried out.
The gas supply at the property will be turned off and can only be turned back on after we have carried out a ‘turn on and test’ of the gas supply, after the property is relet. We therefore recommend you arrange the appointment for a 'turn on and test' straightaway to prevent any disturbance to any decoration you may wish to carry out, including the laying of flooring. Until this test is completed it is unknown if any gas appliance needs to be replaced. The agreed timescale for a gas ‘turn on and test’ appointment is 1 working day.
When you move out we expect you to leave your home in good condition. We are aware that some people may need support so you can meet the requirements and responsibilities set out above and in your tenancy agreement to sustain your tenancy. Please tell us as soon as possible if you think you may need assistance, we will always try and tailor our services to suit your specific needs. All of our homes meet the Government’s Decent Homes Standard. Here are some of the services we provide as your landlord to keep your home well-maintained:
- We inspect all homes and carry out essential repairs before we let you move into one of our homes
- We complete any non-urgent repairs or external maintenance within three months of you moving in
- We provide a 24-hour emergency repair service all year round
- By law we carry out a gas safety check on your home every year and you must provide access for gas checks to be carried out
- Be careful when decorating your new home as the use of steamers to remove wallpaper can damage plaster work
- You are responsible for paying for utilities and will need to arrange for these services to be put into your name when you move in
- You will be provided with three sets of door keys, including door entry fobs where needed. Please note that you will be charged for replacement keys and fobs