Care Leavers – We’re here to help you take your next steps
We understand that leaving the care system can be a really overwhelming experience, especially becoming independent. But, you don’t have to do it on your own. We are here to help you take your next steps to independence whilst giving you the same opportunities and support as any other young person. To find out what support you can receive, please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
How we can help you before you move into your home:
- You will have a dedicated Care Leaver Housing Support Officer who will work one on one with you to set up your home. The officer will support you for the first 12 months of your tenancy and beyond if you need extra support.
- Before you move into your new home, we will provide you with access to a pre-tenancy programme so you can learn about managing your own tenancy.
- We can offer budgeting support and advice, which can be found on our Money Support page. We have additional funding available to help you in the short term to buy items that you can’t afford. Visit our Live Well fund page to find out more.
How we can help you whilst you’re in your new home:
- When you are in your new home, we will help you decorate and furnish it. We will also help you set up your utilities provider.
- We will support you with your rehousing options and choices so you can feel comfortable with your new home.
- We’ll make sure you are involved in the local community as we will help you build local connections with local groups and activities taking place. You can also get involved in our involvement groups that help us improve our services to you and other tenants.
- We will help you gain access to education, training and employment opportunities through our Employment Support Service and the National Careers Service.
- We also offer the Young Person’s Champion Scheme which will match you with a role model who will support you with your next steps after leaving the care system.
“Moving into this flat is the best thing that’s ever happened to me, I now have a home of my own and I’m looking forward to the future with my baby. Without the support from ForHousing I would never have been able to afford to furnish my flat and with support from my Housing Officer I’ve learnt how to manage a home and pay my bills.”Stacey