There are some truly amazing people within your communities, and now more than ever we want to make sure that everyone is recognised for their achievements and contributions to making where you live a better, brighter place.
Last Christmas, we celebrated and recognised the incredible community spirit shown throughout the pandemic through our Be Proud awards.
This year, we’re excited to be bringing the Be Proud awards forward so that we can spend the second half of this year recognising the inspirational people who are making a difference to where you live.
Similar to last year, there will be 13 categories to nominate from, with one winner announced on our Facebook pages every day from the 25th October to 6th November.
You’ll be able to nominate people in your community for the following categories:
- Biggest Heart – Someone who has gone above and beyond to make a positive difference.
- Good Neighbour – An award that reflects those people that enrich the lives of others and look after their community.
- Greatest Group – A community group that have made a great impact on their community with their dedication and will power.
- #TeamWorkMakesTheDreamWork – An award that celebrates the fantastic teamwork that has taken place whilst working in partnership with others to improve peoples lives.
- Well Good – An award for anything good in the community, whether it be a supportive individual, volunteer or group that have offered support and a service to those who need it.
- Front Line Workers – For those who have been key front line workers especially during the pandemic, putting others needs first making a real difference.
- Young Person – A young person who has stepped up in their community to make a difference and have a voice.
- Working with Young People – An individual or group that has taken time to work with young people to make positive changes
- The Fred Jones Award (Greatest Project) – A project that has made a positive impact to communities and has brought people together.
- Creative Geniuses – An award for a group or individual who have come up with an innovative idea!
- Steve Sheridan Award (Volunteer award) – An award for someone who goes beyond the call of duty to make a positive difference in their community.
- Maureen Clunan Award (Social Enterprise Award) – An award for a social enterprise team who have simply been Amazing!
- Super Staff – A ForHousing member of staff that has provided excellent customer care, made an impact in the community or provided support.
We want you to nominate your friends, family and neighbours who have made a huge difference to your wellbeing, so we can help to share their stories and show your appreciation.
Each winner will receive a Love2Shop voucher, but we will make sure to showcase all the runners-up, and everyone nominated will receive a special Be Proud certificate.
To nominate someone all you need to do is fill in this quick form by clicking here.
Submissions will close on Wednesday 13th October, so make sure to submit your nominations before then!
The panel will be made up of people across ForHousing communities, including members of our Community Voice panel, Board members and ForHousing staff.
We can’t wait to share some positivity and hear some great stories about community spirit.