Gas Safety Week 2020
This week we’re celebrating the 10th annual Gas Safety Week! It’s so important that you and your family feel safe in your home. We want to help you understand the potential dangers of gas appliances.
Here are four tips you can follow to make sure your home is ‘Gas Safe’:
1. Install an audible carbon monoxide alarm and test it regularly. Carbon monoxide poisoning can kill, so it is important that you’re aware of any leaks your gas appliances might have. The symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning can be headaches, dizziness, breathlessness, nausea, collapse and loss of consciousness. If you start having these symptoms, please speak with your local GP.
2. Always ask to see your operative’s gas safe register ID card to make sure they’re fully qualified for the job. Each registered operative has their own unique license number. Official Gas Safe ID cards also have a hologram with the Gas Safe logo on it, so keep an eye out for it! We’ll always let you know when we’re planning to visit your home. If you’re unsure, please contact us on 0300 123 55 22
3. Gas appliances should be serviced annually so they can keep working safely and efficiently. If you’re not sure when your safety check is due please contact us so we can arrange a visit at a time that suits you.
4. Be aware of the danger signs that a gas appliance is not working correctly. These can be a yellow or orange lazy flame instead of a crisp blue one, black marks on or around the appliance or too much condensation in the room.
Having your annual gas safety check completed is important. Not only will it help to keep you safe, but it’ll help your appliances to stay running at their best.
We know it can be worrying to let people into your home at the moment. That’s why we've adapted our working practices to keep you and our staff as safe as possible.
• When they arrive, your Liberty operative will check with you that there is no-one self-isolating in your house
• Please maintain social distancing whilst the operative is in your home
• Please open any internal doors so that the operative doesn’t have to touch door handles
• All operatives will wear appropriate protective equipment when required
To book a gas service, or check when yours is due, please email our team at using the form below or call 0300 123 55 22 to speak to a member of our team.
For more information about gas safety, please visit https://www.gassaferegister.co.uk/gassafetyweek/stay-safe/.