Not only is your safety our top priority, but we’re also required by law to make sure that your home is safe and well-maintained.
This protects you and your community and helps to save you money on your energy bills. By letting us in to do a gas service check at the first appointment, you’ll automatically be entered into a quarterly prize draw for £150.
Our gas servicing team will pay you a visit, about once a year. We will work with you to pick an appointment at a time that suits you.
It’s a legal requirement for us to gain access to your home to do this check.
We look at your entire heating system and make sure it’s safe. That means checking your gas appliances, pipework and flues, test smoke detectors and carbon monoxide alarms.
We’ll then provide you with a copy of your gas safety certificate around 2 weeks later via post
Usually, we’re in and out of your home in around 45 minutes – so not long at all!
If we can’t complete the repair at our first visit, we’ll contact you within 24 hours to schedule a follow-up appointment. This usually happens if we need to order parts.
If your central heating isn’t working and a repair can’t be actioned immediately, we’ll offer you temporary electric heaters.
- Be aware of warning signs; a ‘lazy’ yellow flame instead of a crisp blue one can mean your appliance isn’t working correctly.
- Look out for black marks on, or around, your appliances – and too much condensation in the room.
- Never try to fix your gas appliance yourself or install a gas appliance without speaking to us first.
- Make sure you know where your gas meter is and how to turn off the supply – give us a call if you’re unsure.
- Do not block flues, chimneys, or vents, and never cover a gas appliance.
Turn off your gas supply at the mains, and switch off all appliances. Open your doors and windows.
Then, go outside and call Cadent Emergency on 0800 111 999.