Infrastructure & Security Engineer
- Date Posted
- Application Closing Date
- 07/05/2021 23:59
- 36 per week
- £43,000.00 per annum (plus £3,500.00 on call allowance)
ForHousing is a forward-thinking social organisation that positively impacts communities. We're also proud to create opportunities that make things happen - for people, families, homes and communities.
We're a busy team with lots to do. We can only achieve this if we've got the right resources so we look for people and partners with as much enthusiasm and passion as we have for making things happen.
The purpose of the Infrastructure & Security Engineer Role is to be responsible for the day to day operation, monitoring and maintenance of the overall ICT Infrastructure, ensuring that our server, network and cloud infrastructure is stable, secure and free from internal and external threat.
Supporting a multi-site medium scale enterprise, you will be a technical escalation point for the ICT team and 2nd Line Engineers, you will be required to contribute to the design and implementation of infrastructure projects whilst playing a vital role to ensure the 24/7 business stays operational
The main skills needed for this position are:
· Microsoft Certified: MCSE/MCSA
· Delivery of key strategic projects including technical changes, installations, upgrades and migrations.
· Experience of supporting Citrix ADC, Virtual Apps & Desktops
· Documenting solutions and technical plans before and after project delivery.
· Experience of conducting security vulnerability assessments and remediation.
· Understanding of IPS & IDS technologies.
· Experience of using & extracting information from Security Information Event Monitoring Tools and Network Packet Capture tools.
· Ability to produce concise technical documentation and procedures.
· Evidenced ability to technically lead ICT project streams including planning technical changes, installations, upgrades and migrations
· High levels of personal resilience & integrity.
· Flexible approach to work and working hours.
· Professionally qualified to degree level or equivalent (desirable)
· CCNA, VCP, VCAP, Microsoft Certified (desirable)
The successful candidate must hold a current valid driving license and have a vehicle available for work at all times.
As well as a competitive salary and a generous holiday entitlement, we offer a range of benefits for a rewarding career including a health cash plan, pension scheme, childcare vouchers and staff discount club membership. We’ll also make sure you get the training and benefits you deserve.
ForHousing is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Closing date for applications: 7th May 2021