2nd Line Support Engineer
- Date Posted
- Application Closing Date
- 07/05/2021 00:00
- 36 per week
- £29,734 per annum
ForHousing is a forward-thinking social organisation that positively impacts communities. We're also proud to create opportunities that make things happen - for people, families, homes and communities.
We're a busy team with lots to do. We can only achieve this if we've got the right resources so we look for people and partners with as much enthusiasm and passion as we have for making things happen.
We’re currently looking to recruit a 2nd Line Engineer to provide operational support for our server farm environment, ensuring stability, security and free from external threats. Assisting with network topologies, upgrades, installations, system patches and system maintenance, you will provide 2nd line support on our network infrastructure, providing operational support to the Infrastructure Engineer and Infrastructure and Security lead.
The main skills needed for this position are:
• GCSE equivalent standard in Maths and English
• MTA, MCSE, CCNA, ITIL v3 (Desirable)
• Experience of managing and maintaining a desktop/server environment
• Excellent face to face and telephone communication skills
• Proven ability to adapt to changing technologies
• Established fault diagnosis & troubleshooting skills
• Extensive experience of Active Directory administration and configuration
• In depth knowledge of industry standard Microsoft products (Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Windows Server 2008/12 Server, Windows Mobile, MS Office Suite)
• Effective written communication skills & attention to detail.
• Ability to work unsupervised and prioritise workloads.
• Excellent knowledge of Citrix XenDesktop 7.1
• Excellent knowledge of mobile working technologies, GPRS & 3G, 4G
• Extensive server management experience in a multi-site single domain environment.
The successful candidate must hold a current valid driving license and have a vehicle available for work at all times.
As well as a competitive salary and a generous holiday entitlement, we offer a range of benefits for a rewarding career including a health cash plan, pension scheme, childcare vouchers and staff discount club membership. We’ll also make sure you get the training and benefits you deserve.
ForHousing is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Closing date for applications: 7th May 2021