Date Posted 08/02/2024
Application Closing Date 07/03/2024 00:00
Salary £30,106.00 per annum, contract until 31/03/25
Everything we do aims to positively impact the lives of our social housing tenants and deliver on what matters to them and their communities. We provide safe, well-maintained, sustainable homes and deliver customer-focused services. ForHousing is a place where everyone can thrive and be themselves.
Operationally assist in the management of Safeguarding support and systems in line with ForHousing policies and procedures and Local Authority Guidelines.
- STAR – through our partnership with STAR you can save money on everyday spending and make your money go further with discounts across a wide range of shops and products.
- Smartech – purchase technology or white goods and spread the cost.
- Wellbeing centre – gym discounts, exercise videos, mindfulness tools, nutrition advice, financial advice and more
- Cycle to work scheme – save up to 40% on bikes and equipment.
- Employee Assistance Programme – access to a 24/7 counselling and support helpline
What you’ll be doing:
- Co-ordinate and deliver intelligence-based tenancy support visits. To enable tenants and customers to sustain a tenancy, to encourage and facilitate their independence, quality of life, social opportunities, education and health and wellbeing.
- Effectively liaising with internal departments and external partner agencies to ensure that support is in place prior to commencement or lifetime of the tenancy. Ensure locally provided, support services for vulnerable tenants/customers are promoted to increase take up.
- To support and assist vulnerable tenants/customers in maintaining their tenancy, signposting via referrals to social workers, tenancy support, money advice with the aim to help minimise debt and maximise income, and other agencies as required.
- To assist tenant and customers to identify their strengths, development needs and risks to jointly develop a plan to build on or address these, including coaching and assisting tenants/customers to achieve greater independence.
What we’re looking for:
- Able to make sound judgements in relation to tenant support with the information available.
- Experiencing of working with vulnerable tenants and an understanding of safeguarding responsibilities.
- IT Literate – Proficient in the use of the main Microsoft packages such as Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Possess the ability to liaise effectively with a vulnerable client base and to use appropriate language to ensure needs are met and appropriately managed.
ForHousing is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
If you need any adjustments to be made to our recruitment process, please get in touch with the team on email@example.com
Please note we reserve the right to close this vacancy early, depending on application volumes.