Repairs and Voids Surveyor
Date Posted 31/10/2023
Application Closing Date 28/11/2023 23:59
Hours 36 per week
Salary £33,010.32 per annum
Location Ellesmere Port
This role is known internally as “Repairs and Voids Inspector”.
Everything we do aims to positively impact the lives of our social housing tenants and deliver on what matters to them and their communities. We provide safe, well-maintained, sustainable homes and deliver customer-focused services. ForHousing is a place where everyone can thrive and be themselves.
As part of our Housing Managed Contract’s Asset Management Team, you’ll inspect properties before, during and after void and responsive repairs. You’ll drive service improvements to provide value for money and enhance the customer experience.
- STAR – through our partnership with STAR you can save money on everyday spending and make your money go further with discounts across a wide range of shops and products
- Smartech – purchase technology or white goods and spread the cost
- Wellbeing centre – gym discounts, exercise videos, mindfulness tools, nutrition advice, financial advice and more
- Cycle to work scheme – save up to 40% on bikes and equipment
- Employee Assistance Programme – access to a 24/7 counselling and support helpline
What you’ll be doing:
- Following best practice to ensure void and responsive repair costs are efficient and within budget.
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders on all matters relating to responsive repairs, ensuring stakeholder priorities are incorporated in strategies and delivery.
- Assisting in the management and delivery of the void process, including inspections, liaising with contractors, and documentation.
- Dealing with complaints in a quick and effective manner.
- Carrying out general surveying duties
What we’re looking for:
- HNC/HND Building qualification and SSSTS would be ideal
- Excellent communications skills
- Knowledge of relevant housing legislation
- Use of your own vehicle for work purposes
ForHousing is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
If you need any adjustments to be made to our recruitment process, please get in touch with the team on email@example.com
Please note we reserve the right to close this vacancy early, depending on application numbers.