Planning and Delivery Surveyor
Date Posted 13/11/2023
Application Closing Date 11/12/2023 23:59
Hours 36 per week
Salary £41,000 per annum
Location Ellesmere Port / Agile
Everything we do aims to positively impact the lives of our social housing tenants and deliver on what matters to them and their communities. We provide safe, well-maintained, sustainable homes and deliver customer-focused services. ForHousing is a place where everyone can thrive and be themselves.
As part of our Housing Managed Contracts’ Assets team, you’ll undertake a variety of asset surveys to inform strategic investment planning, diagnose defects, scope works, and prepare specifications. You’ll assist in the development of scheme budgets to support strategic business planning purposes, and financially manage projects from inception to completion.
- Hybrid working – most of your time can be spent working at home, or you’re free to spend more time in the office if you prefer
- Agile working – we are outcome driven, so we empower you to do your best work, in the way that works best for you
- STAR – through our partnership with STAR you can save money on everyday spending and make your money go further with discounts across a wide range of shops and products
- Smartech – purchase technology or white goods and spread the cost
- Wellbeing centre – gym discounts, exercise videos, mindfulness tools, nutrition advice, financial advice and more
- Cycle to work scheme – save up to 40% on bikes and equipment
- Employee Assistance Programme – access to a 24/7 counselling and support helpline
What you’ll be doing:
- Carrying out surveys, preparing budget estimates, specifications, schedules, and bills of quantities
- Liaising with colleagues, customers and stakeholders on all matters relating to responsive, planned, and servicing activities
- Commissioning and procuring consultants and contractors to provide specialist services
- Preparing reports, statistical returns, and monitoring information
- Supervising repair work, and certifying accounts for this work
What we’re looking for:
- Have or be working towards a HNC or HND in Building or Building Surveying
- A member of or working towards being a member of CIOB, RICS, or CIBSE
ForHousing is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We especially welcome applicants from the Armed Forces community.
If you need any adjustments to be made to our recruitment process, please get in touch with the team on firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note we reserve the right to close this vacancy early if enough suitable applications are received.