Housing Support Officer
Date Posted 07/11/2023
Application Closing Date 05/12/2023 23:59
Hours 36 per week
Salary £35,259 per annum
Everything we do aims to positively impact the lives of our social housing tenants and deliver on what matters to them and their communities. We provide safe, well-maintained, sustainable homes and deliver customer-focused services. ForHousing is a place where everyone can thrive and be themselves.
As part of our New Tenant Support Service, you’ll deliver high quality intensive housing management services to new tenants within their first twelve months of tenancy. You’ll collaborate with supporting agencies and partners to help new tenants get off to the best start and have tenancy sustainability into the future.
We’re currently recruiting for three Housing Support Officers for the new service. Two roles will provide support to all new tenants, and one role will work closely with homeless prevention and relief services, overseeing the delivery and management of these external contracts and partnerships.
- STAR – through our partnership with STAR you can save money on everyday spending and make your money go further with discounts across a wide range of shops and products
- Smartech – purchase technology or white goods and spread the cost
- Wellbeing centre – gym discounts, exercise videos, mindfulness tools, nutrition advice, financial advice and more
- Cycle to work scheme – save up to 40% on bikes and equipment
- Employee Assistance Programme – access to a 24/7 counselling and support helpline
What you’ll be doing:
- Working with external service providers to ensure customers are provided with holistic, multi-disciplinary support.
- Being the first point of contact for tenants, families, advocates, support, and care providers.
- Void management, and letting properties, including undertaking new tenant viewings, and ensuring tenants are familiar with the terms of the Tenancy Agreement.
- Maximising income collection across services.
- Ensuring the tenant voice influences service design, delivery, and standards
What we’re looking for:
- A housing-related qualification or willingness to work towards this would be ideal (CIH accreditation)
- Experience providing housing-related support would be ideal
- Evidence of safeguarding training
ForHousing is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
If you need any adjustments to be made to our recruitment process, please get in touch with the team on email@example.com
Please note we reserve the right to close this vacancy early, depending on application numbers.