Housing Support and Resettlement Worker
Date Posted 08/11/2023
Application Closing Date 06/12/2023 23:59
Hours 36 per week. Rolling 3-week rota, a mixture of early shifts starting at 7:30am, and late shifts finishing at 8:30pm. Weekend working every 3 weeks (13-hour shifts on Saturday and Sunday)
Salary £22,415.30 per annum
Everything we do aims to positively impact the lives of our social housing tenants and deliver on what matters to them and their communities. We provide safe, well-maintained, sustainable homes and deliver customer-focused services. ForHousing is a place where everyone can thrive and be themselves.
As part of ForFutures, our Housing Managed Contract team, you’ll support customers in practical tasks to help them achieve goals outlined in their support plans and risk assessments.
- STAR – through our partnership with STAR you can save money on everyday spending and make your money go further with discounts across a wide range of shops and products
- Smartech – purchase technology or white goods and spread the cost
- Wellbeing centre – gym discounts, exercise videos, mindfulness tools, nutrition advice, financial advice and more
- Cycle to work scheme – save up to 40% on bikes and equipment
- Employee Assistance Programme – access to a 24/7 counselling and support helpline
What you’ll be doing:
- Being accommodation-based, in a supported housing scheme for homeless adults
- Creating needs and risk assessments
- Working with customers to create support plans to achieve positive outcomes
- Helping customers with budgeting, nutrition, health care, employment opportunities and life skills
- Working within safeguarding protocols
- Contributing to continuous improvement of our service and relevant systems
- Collaborating with external agencies and internal colleagues
What we’re looking for:
You don’t need specific previous experience to be great in this role, what’s more important is having the right attitude. Some background which would be beneficial is:
- NVQ level 2/3 in social care, or equivalent
- Awareness of homelessness legislation and practices
- Knowledge of welfare and benefit systems
ForHousing is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We especially welcome applicants from the Armed Forces community.
If you need any adjustments to be made to our recruitment process, please get in touch with the team on firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note we reserve the right to close this advert early, depending on application volumes.