Gas safety checks
It is an essential and legal requirement that we gain access to your property every 12 months to carry out a Gas Safety Inspection in your home. If you do not let us in, you are taking a risk not only with the law but potentially with your life.
What we’ll do and when we’ll do it
- We will service gas appliances annually and provide a copy of the gas safety certificate to you
- We will check and service smoke alarms and any carbon monoxide alarms
- If we can't complete the repair at the first visit we will contact you within 24 hours with a follow-up appointment. This will usually be to fit parts we have ordered to resolve the problem
- We will install a carbon monoxide alarm for any property with an open flued gas appliance
- Where your central heating fails and a repair can't be immediately undertaken, we will offer you temporary electric heaters
- Our Gas Team will offer advice and/or assistance on the gas installation in your home
- We will provide a specialist officer to assist you with support needs during works
We hope the appointment date sent is convenient for you. If you would like to request a morning or afternoon slot for the date you are sent, or you need to arrange an alternative date please contact us on 0300 123 55 22, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will be entered into a £150 quarterly prize draw if you “let us in” on the first appointment. You will still be entered into the prize draw even if you rearrange your appointment, as long as you let us know in advance.