Equipment and adaptations

Accessing our service

To support you in your homes, we can install minor and major adaptations according to individual needs. We work in partnership with Occupational Therapy, who will carry out an assessment and help us to establish the adaptations you need. You may not need an assessment to be carried out for minor adaptations. Please contact us for further information if you think you would benefit from adaptations.

For community equipment, major adaptations and all other minor adaptations, please contact our in-house team who will offer you assistance or make a referral on your behalf to the Occupational Therapist Service.

For specialist advice, you can contact:

  • Specialist Housing Services
  • Community Occupational Therapy Service
  • Your local authority

Independent living

If you are an older or disabled tenant, we offer a housing related support service to help you remain living independently in your own home.

For more information please email or call us on 0300 123 55 22.

Cheshire West and Chester tenants

For major adaptations, the first step is to contact Cheshire West and Chester Council’s Occupational Therapy Team for an assessment on 0300 123 7034. If appropriate they will make a referral to ForHousing to carry out any adaptations needed.