Community Voice Irlam and Cadishead
Community Voice are dedicated regional committees which meet quarterly, to monitor the delivery of Neighbourhood services.
Membership of the Community Voice is drawn from Board members, residents of the areas in which we operate and tenants. Community Voice oversee and support the delivery of services to tenants and make appropriate challenge where required.
Activities undertaken by Community Voice include:
- Performance monitoring
- Monitoring of the delivery of service plan outcomes
- Monitoring of the delivery of Neighbourhood Promises
- Monitoring of local budgets
- Contribute to the development of policies
- In addition, Community Voice manages the Community Fund which is used to support local groups and individuals who contribute to the sustainability of their neighbourhood and the delivery of the Wellbeing Strategy.
- Co-optees from local stakeholders are invited to attend meetings to provide their professional opinion to guide discussions and decisions. This includes representatives from the Local Authority, Police, Health Care providers,Schools, Fire & Rescue Services.
If you are interested in becoming a Community Voice member, please email email@example.com.
Carol is a tenant of Walkden and worked in hospitality and then retail for many years, during which time she became a Health and Safety Officer. She is now retired and is involved in voluntary work for ForHousing on both local and area wide levels. She has been a member of the Board since 2013. Carol is the Chair of the Salford Community Voice which monitors the services provided. Carol also belongs to the customer inspector group that monitors empty properties, inspects the caretaking and cleaning of high rise and low rise buildings, and mystery shops certain ForHousing services.