Steps to Connect – Employment, Training, Volunteering
Are you looking for a fresh start? Whether you’re between jobs, unemployed, or just want to refresh your skills or even get out and about in the community to volunteer, we have opportunities for you!
- You can get information on local employment support opportunities that can benefit you.
- You can get advice on how to access training, volunteering or wellbeing activities.
- ForHousing work with a range of partner organisations to gain an understanding of what is on offer.
- You contact us by phone or arrange an appointment for a face- to- face visit
- A member of the team will set up an informal chat to find out more about your interests.
- We will share with you information on what help and support there is out there.
- If you would like to explore an opportunity – we will help you take that first step and link you in.
There is so much to choose from and it will all depend on what you need:
- Explore programmes suitable for anyone 16+ which offer mentoring, 1-2-1 support
- and access to training
- Find out about ways to improve digital skills – get more confident with technology or get online
- Volunteering opportunities to help get you out and about
- Bite Size Learning webinars to help you achieve your goals
- Wellbeing activities helping you to get closer nature or learn a new skill
Jane felt that she was “stuck in a rut” and “needed the stimulation from training or work to help her better structure her life”
Jane contacted our employment service and told us her story. We linked her in with a mentoring programme which supports people to get closer to employment.
She started her self- development journey by undertaking training courses to help improve her skills and confidence. Jane has been excited about her experience and says…
“I am so pleased that I have been given the opportunity to learn something new. The training is interesting, and it also gives me something to do. I really enjoyed getting out and meeting new people. It gives me a sense of achievement, especially at my age “