Jan-YOU-ary – Manage your mood with food!
Believe it or not, your diet and what you eat has a big impact on your mental health!
Improving your diet to include more variety, more fruit and vegetables and less processed foods can help to improve your mood, give you more energy and help you to think more clearly.
Some quick tips that Mind, the mental health charity, have given to help you manage your mood with food are:
- Eat breakfast to get your day off to go a good start
- Instead of eating a large lunch and dinner, eat small portions more regularly throughout the day
- Try to avoid foods that make your blood sugar levels rise and fall rapidly, like sweets, biscuits and sugary drinks.
- Remember to stay hydrated throughout the day with water, as not drinking enough can mean you find it difficult to concentrate or think clearly.
- Try to eat your 5-a-day everyday by eating a range of fresh, frozen, tinned or dried fruit. As a general rule, one portion is the equivalent to a handful, one small bowl or a small glass.
Different diets suit different people, so however you choose to make healthy changes to your diet this Jan-YOU-ary, find something that works for you!
Customer Connect Hub is only open for emergencies on Thursday 12 OctoberClick to find out more