Loud noise and music

We want everyone to enjoy living in their home and to be considerate and tolerant of others.

A neighbour playing loud music or making noise persistently can be considered anti-social behaviour.

First of all, try having a friendly word with your neighbour - they may not be aware they are disturbing you.

If that doesn’t work and the noise continues, you can report it to the Community Safety Team. We can arrange a meeting between you and your neighbour to try and resolve the situation and understand each other’s point of view.

If you don’t feel safe approaching your neighbour, or you have tried and the situation has not improved, the Community Safety Team can investigate your concerns.

How to make a report

If you want to report persistent noise, please complete our online form. You can attach your completed diary sheets when you make your report.

Book an appointment via our booking system at a time that suits you