Cheshire West and Chester’s Home Improvement Agency service

Homes matter, and we know that peoples’ needs change. Together with Cheshire West and Chester Council we deliver the Home Improvement Agency service (services previously delivered by the Home Assistance Hub) to support you to make the repairs, improvements or adaptations needed to make sure your home meets your needs.

Our expert caseworkers provide advice and guidance to people making changes to remain independent and safe at home in the Cheshire West and Chester region. 

This covers major repairs, renovations or adaptations to the home including:

  • Major and minor adaptations, including specialist equipment
  • Decent Homes works (improvements required to reach the Decent Homes Standards)
  • Support to access grants and loans as well as privately funded work
  • Handyperson service
  • Signposting to other services

Cheshire West and Chester Council offer financial assistance, we can guide you through the application and resulting works.

The Disabled Facilities Grant is for people who are disabled and need adaptations costing more than £1,000, including major changes such as kitchen alterations or bathroom extensions.

Homeowners in the region who have low income can apply for financial assistance if they need to make improvements to their home because it is not up to the government’s ‘Decent Home Standards’, or if it is unsafe and urgent repairs are required. Work can also be privately funded.

Needing support can be overwhelming, please get in touch and we will guide you through the process and help you to make the changes you need to improve how you live in your home.

Contact us using the form below or call 0300 124 52 89.

HIA Contact Us form

* Mandatory